Rock Seven has been chosen as Beta partner for the new Iridium Edge Solar.
The new Iridium Edge Solar is designed to be a simple, low-cost, solar-based tracking device. Something you can attach to a boat, vehicle or other asset and leave to function. Regular GPS tracking reports would then be sent from the unit, with the internal battery being recharged by the in-built solar panel.
Like our other product offerings, Iridium Edge Solar is a Short Burst Data (SBD) device that ensures pole-to-pole connectivity and works far beyond the reach of WiFi and GSM Networks. The biggest differences from the existing Iridium Edge product are that the Iridium Edge Solar has autonomous tracking ability (the current Edge has no GPS), and it is solar-powered – thus allowing a very simple installation, no wires!
The Iridium Edge Solar fits in well with our product portfolio where customers need a very simple tracking device that they can set-and-forget. Therefore if you need a simple autonomous tracker, with global coverage, transmitting every few hours, this could be exactly what you need.
For use in all of the markets that we operate in, including agriculture, maritime, oil and gas and more - this versatile piece of kit is an exciting addition to the Iridium and Rock Seven portfolios.
Please reply to this email at email@example.com
or call us on +44 (0) 2380 00 3888 if you would like to discuss Rock Seven Services further.
Features of the Iridium Edge Solar include:
• Autonomous GPS tracking
• Bluetooth capability for wireless sensor integration and local device connectivity
• Over-the-Air Configuration Changes
• Interval and Scheduled Reporting Modes
• Start/Stop Reporting/In Motion Reporting
• Fully Encapsulated, No External Connectors, Water Ingress Protected
• Accelerometer and Magnetometer
• LED Status Indicator
Power Management details:
• Photovoltaic Solar Cells, Rechargeable and Primary Batteries
• Smart Power Management System
• Up to 3-year Shelf Life
• Up to 10-Year Operational Service Life
• Back-up battery capacity provides 2x per day reporting for up to 5 years with no solar availability
Customers who purchase the Iridium Edge Solar will get all the benefits of the existing Rock Seven products. This includes access to our ‘Core’ management system which allows you to see current and historic position tracking data on a map interface for your fleet, send configuration commands over-the-air, as well as to receive data into your own systems via our suite of APIs. You can also manage your airtime online through the portal.
<< Back to Blog